Monday, November 10, 2014

AFFECTION


AFFECTION
(Acrylic on rolled canvas. Size: 14.5 in * 24 in)




A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials are heavy and suddenly fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.” 

― Washington Irving & PERSONAL EXPERIENCE :)

It seems just like Yesterday... when I First became "MOTHER". I had heard, and mocked at the saying- "Being a Mom is like a Rebirth!" Thought it was a old lady tale ! Now, after 8 years of experience, the statement seems to be 100% TRUE !! In literal sense the very act of giving birth and also being a MOM which I wasn't a few hours before ! is certainly a REBIRTH. As time passed, I realised that there is lot of power in the word :"Mom", "Mumma" as my 7 yrs old daughter and almost 4 year old son calls me and ofcourse the word "Aai" coz I belong to the Maharashtrian community of India holds some super power !

"This" word calls you at service 24 hrs, all days of the week. Comparing it with any other high profile job is a far cry. It has claimed my career dreams, my daily life routine, my health, my thoughts, my travel and adventure plans, my belief of always being independent..... Only surprising part is that, one precious smile, a loud giggle, one non-routine action from the child, those words "I Love u Mumma" does wonders !!! and even if I am dead like a log I get back to serve that little fellow at any hour of the day :) As I write this blog my lil one blabbers at the back Maa maa maa maa :)

My experience with motherhood so far, inspires me to do this piece of painting. Yes I hold my children EXACTLY like that ! In the realm of realms nothing can hurt them, when I am around them :)

This painting is up for sale. To buy write to me on snehajoshi1907@gmail.com. 


Do drop in to check out rest of the collection of paintings on my social media links-

Please Do " Like" "Comment" "Share" the page to get updates on my latest and upcoming creations. 



No comments: