Wednesday, March 20, 2013

HAND DESIGNED TRAY

HAND DESIGNED TRAY

The art attack refused to be cured....and day after day the dreams had to be drawn to get  a physical appearance....and also to avoid sleepless nights. 

The other day I had guests at my place. I pulled out a tray to serve them snacks. I could only reach out to a soiled old one which had faded because of the frequent use.  

I could manage to take out another one for my current use but the old one was still stuck in my mind !  

Was surely wanting to replenish it. Allowed some thoughts to cross my mind, worked on it on a sunny afternoon and the final result was something like this-







This wasn't difficult with some oil paints, 3 D tubes and an old worn out tray. The two contrast shades gave me an opportunity to use more colours and have a more vibrant design. 

Post the paints the tray looked something like this-




Some care to be taken while painting this/similar tray is the coatings should be plain and neat to give a consistent look. I also added a varnish coat to add shine and durability to the final piece.

The design I used is a combination of traditional and contemporary. The two contrast shades white and red allowed me to use the 3 D tubes- Black and white 'Statement' colours. I have also used some glitter tubes to add sparkle.

I am pretty sure, I am happily awaiting more guests, now on... :)


Awaiting your valuable comments, feedback and questions.  



4 comments:

Unknown said...

vahini..this is amazing!!!! loved it tray is looking as if its a new one! :)

Unknown said...

This looks beautiful

Unknown said...

Thank u so much Sonam....ya its a complete makeover for the tray :)

Unknown said...

Thanks a lot Shruti ! Even u can try this out as part of ur recycling projects....do lemme know if i can be of help :)