Thursday, March 7, 2013


MURAL WONDER






The above is the final version of my 1st ever "MURAL PAINTING". 

So, how did it all start......Well the story goes as follows.....after a week long google marathon I finally came to the conclusion that there are very few art classes in the Capital Town of Madhya Pradesh, India (Bhopal).

Not able to cure my art attack I decided to pick up my decade old Kinetic Honda after some repairs, to start my search  for the art classes manually.......

Was on my way back home after an hour of hunting.....tired n hungry by now....there I took a wrong turn !!!! 
:
:
:
To find to my surprise, on the left "KALA ANGAN" a place full of art pieces of several kinds run by a charming lady with god gifted artistic hands....now i knew why the hell had i taken that beautiful wrong turn :)

After much pursuation that I will not eat much of her time n be there when she has some time to spare I started working on this what I now love to call "Mural Wonder"

It depicts a village house.....with beautiful chirping sparrows, blooming colourful flowers, mandana at the back, temple, n villagers with musical instruments. 


Things required: 

1. Shilpkaar clay 2. MDF Board 3. Wooden sticks 4. Fevicol 5. Paints and Brushes


Let your imaginations wander for a beautiful design/set up. Mold the clay accordingly....into shapes of flowers, leaves, birds, pots, musical instruments, temple etc etc..........

Once done with this basic requirement which requires 70 % of the time to finish this wonder, start painting the MDF board....1st layer of white.  Start pasting the clay models prepared by you. It should look something like this-



Once the pasting is through paint the whole thing white....its looks awesome.....something like this !


White looks awesome but some splash of colours will surely give you that real village look  ! After all Indian villages are not all that white ! :)


You can use moulds available in the market to make those statues standing right in the front and complete the painting.  


Awaiting your valuable comments, feedback n questions...... 

6 comments:

Neeraj said...

Beautiful work and well written piece! You should add more details next time!

Unknown said...

Thanks a lot for that very special 1st comment ! Means a lot to me :)

Ritu said...

beautiful !!!!

Unknown said...

Thank u Ritu :)

Unknown said...

Very rightly said 'An art attack' .... Thats a gorgeous piece!!

Unknown said...

Thanks Divya :)